How to Remove Microsoft News from Taskbar on Windows 11
The Microsoft News widget was introduced soon after the release of Windows 11. While it may be useful for some, most users find it unnecessary and sometimes annoying. This short article will show you how to remove Microsoft News from your taskbar.
The Microsoft News widget didn’t come with Windows 11 on its release date. It was introduced later and is automatically installed when updating Windows. The widget is enabled by default.
The News widget features news stories curated by Microsoft’s sophisticated algorithms. This widget is great for those that are into staying up-to-date on recent events. The problem is that most users find Microsoft News useless and prefer to disable it. See the step-by-step instructions below if you want to turn it off as well.
Video Tutorial on How to Remove Microsoft News from Taskbar on Windows 11
Table of Contents:
- How to Remove Microsoft News from Taskbar
- How to Prevent Microsoft News from Opening Accidentally
- Video Tutorial on How to Remove Microsoft News from Taskbar on Windows 11
How to Remove Microsoft News from Taskbar
1. Right-click the Windows Start button and select Settings.
2. In the left pane of the Settings window, select Personalization.
3. Click Taskbar.
4 In the Taskbar items section, toggle off Widgets.
How to Prevent Microsoft News from Opening Accidentally
1. Click the Widgets board icon in the taskbar.
2. Click Settings in the top-right corner of the Widgets board.
3. Toggle off Open Widgets board on hover.
It’s as simple as that. Did you find this article helpful? let us know by leaving a comment below.
If you’re a Windows 10 user, please read How to Remove Microsoft News from Taskbar on Windows 10.