Find out how you can fix Nvidia Geforce Experience Error Code 0x0003
Error Code 0x0003 in Geforce Experience causes the program to crash. Users that experience this error are prompted with a message saying, “Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience. Error Code: 0x0003”. After getting this error, the only option is to close the dialog box. Fortunately, there are ways you might be able to fix this problem and get Gefore Experience up and running again.
Many gamers rely on Nvidia graphics cards to deliver high-quality visuals at high frame rates. Today, if you have an Nvidia Geforce graphics card, you can get standalone graphics drivers and drivers that come bundled with Geforce Experience. NVIDIA GeForce Experience is a companion application that comes with Nvidia’s Geforce line of Graphics car drivers.
The application offers a suite of free tools specifically designed to enhance your gaming experience. Geforce Experience has some basic yet useful features such as taking screenshots, monitoring framerates, and recording and streaming video.
Upon installation, Geforce Experience scans your computer for compatible games, though the program doesn’t support all PC games. However, you can be sure the app will support the most recent and Triple-A titles. You can configure which folders Geforce Experience should scan for games. The application supports games from PC game distribution platforms such as Steam, Origin, Epic Game Store, Battle.net, and many more.
The main reason you’d want to have Geforce Experience on your PC is the game performance improvements it can provide. The application can download and install the latest graphics card drivers automatically.
Furthermore, Geforce Experience has an optimization feature that can tweak and optimize a game taking into account your computer’s specifications, including how much RAM you have, CPU, and GPU power. After factoring in these variables, Geforce Experience can configure your game’s graphics settings for optimal performance while keeping the game looking as visually pleasing as possible.
Now that we know what benefits Nvidia Geforce Experience can bring to your gaming experience, let’s look at some of the most likely causes for Error Code 0x0003.
There are a few variations of the error text that you may encounter, which may include the following messages:
Something went wrong. Try restarting GeForce Experience.
Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience. ERROR CODE: 0x0001
Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience. ERROR CODE: 0x0003
In some cases, corrupted Nvidia graphics drivers may cause Error Code 0x0003. If that’s the problem in your case, then reinstalling all Nvidia graphics drivers components should fix the error.
Nvidia Geforce Experience relies on services that include the Nvidia Display Service, Nvidia Local System Container, and Nvidia Network Service Container to run correctly. Any issues with these services, particularly if they’re not running, may result in Error Code 0x0003. To fix this, all you have to do is manually start the services that aren’t running.
Another reason why you may get Error Code 0x0003 is if Windows Update interfered with your graphics card driver. Apparently, when Windows Updates your operating system, it may, in some cases, it may interfere with Gefore Experience and cause Error Code 0x0003. In this case, you should uninstall the Nvidia graphics drivers you currently have on your PC and install the latest driver version.
The last reason why you may get Error Code 0x0003 is if your network adapter glitches out. In this case, the fix is relatively easy. All you have to do is perform a Winsock reset, and the error should go away.
Many users have reported that they can’t use any feature in Nvidia Experience after getting Error Code 0x0003 as the error causes the application to crash. Fortunately, there are tried and tested methods for fixing this error to get Geforce Experience up and running again. We have compiled a list of these methods below. Be sure to check out our instructional video on this topic found below as well.
Table of Contents:
- Method 1. Reset the Network Adapter
- Method 2. Install the Nvidia Graphics Drivers Manually
- Method 3. Reinstall All Nvidia Components
- Video Tutorial on How to Fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003
Method 1. Reset the Network Adapter
In many cases, you may experience Error Code 0x0003 due to the fault of your network adapter. Many users found that resetting the network adapter settings often solves this issue. To reset the network adapter, you have to run the “netsh winsock reset” command in the Command prompt.
1. Hold down Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type in CMD in the text box and hold down Ctrl+Shift+Enter keys to open the Command prompt in elevated mode.
3. In the command prompt window, type in netsh winsock reset, and hit the Enter key.
4. Once the reset has been successfully completed, restart your PC.
Method 2. Install the Nvidia Graphics Drivers Manually
If your Nvidia graphics drivers have indeed been corrupted, manually reinstalling them may fix Error Code 0x0003.
1. Open your web browser, and go to Nvidia’s graphics drivers download page.
2. Manually select your GPU model and series, operating system type, and language.
3. Then, click the Search button.
4. Click the Download button.
5. Once redirected to another page, click the Download button again.
6. Run the installer once its download is complete.
7. Click OK to save the driver and start the installation.
8. Select to install both NVIDIA graphics driver, and GeForce Experience, and then click Agree and Continue.
9. Then, Opt for Custom (Advanced) installation.
10. Most importantly, choose the Perform a clean installation option, and click Next.
11. Click Close once the installation is complete.
12. Geforce Experience will launch automatically. Then, click Agree and Continue.
13. Type in your email address and Nvidia account password.
14. Then, solve the security captcha and click Log In.
Method 3. Reinstall All Nvidia Components
If reinstalling only the graphics drivers doesn’t do the trick, then try reinstalling every Nvidia component. Many users have attested to fixing Error Code 0x0003 by reinstalling Geforce Experience along with every Nvidia driver.
1. Right-click the Start Menu button and select Apps and Features.
2. Locate all of the Nvidia-related applications and uninstall them one by one.
3. First, locate Nvidia GeForce Experience, select it, and click Uninstall.
4. Click Uninstall to confirm the removal.
5. Once GeForce Experience has been removed, select the Nvidia Graphics Driver and click Uninstall.
6. Click Uninstall to confirm the removal.
7. Once the driver has been removed, reboot your PC.
8. After restarting your computer, return to the Apps and Features menu.
9. Select and Uninstall the Nvidia Audio Driver.
10. Click Uninstall to confirm the removal.
11. Then, Select the Nvidia PhysX Software and click Uninstall.
12. Click Uninstall to confirm the removal.
13. Select the Nvidia Frameview SDK and click Uninstall.
14. Click Uninstall to confirm the removal.
15. Lastly, select the Nvidia Control Panel, and click Uninstall.
16. Then, open your browser and go to Nvidia’s Geforce Experience download page.
17. Click Download Now.
18. Run the Geforce Experience installer, and allow the app to install all of the necessary drivers.
19. Click Agree and Install.
20. Type in your login email address and Nvidia account password.
21. Then, solve the security captcha and click Log In.
22. Then, go to the Driver tab and click Download to get the latest graphics driver.
23. Select the Express installation option.
Video Tutorial on How to Fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003