4 Ways on How You Can Share Your Mac's Screen With Another Mac
If you've come to this article, you're probably wondering how you can share your Mac's screen with another Mac. Perhaps you need to do a presentation or explain something using your Mac's screen. No matter what's the reason, you can easily share your screen with any other Mac. You'll be surprised by how simple and quick the process is.
You can share your screen using three different tools provided by Apple that are integrated into your Mac's operating system. You can use Finder, the Messages app, and the Screen Sharing app. The fourth method is to use a third-party app.
If both Macs are a part of the same network, for example, your home network or an office network, Finder and the Screen Sharing app are great tools to share your screen with another computer.
If you can't share your screen, make sure Remote Management is disabled, another Mac has permission to share your screen (you'll find more information in the "Share Your Mac's Screen With Another Mac Using The Built-in Screen Sharing App" section), both Macs are awake and connected to the same internet connection.
The other way you can share your screen is by using the Messages app. It's great for sharing your screen with a Mac that's connected to a different network. For example, you want to share your screen with a family member situated in another city.
If you're experiencing problems with Messages screen sharing, make sure the other person is connected to both Messages and iCloud with the same Apple ID. If Apple IDs are different, then go to your Contacts app, find the person you're trying to share the screen with, and include both Apple IDs.
The fourth way to share your screen with another Mac is by using third-party apps.
Take a look at all the methods below and choose the one that's best for you. Then, follow the steps to start screen sharing with the other Mac.
Table of Contents:
- Share Your Mac's Screen With Another Mac Using Finder
- Share Your Mac's Screen With Another Mac Using The Messages App
- Share Your Mac's Screen With Another Mac Using The Built-in Screen Sharing App
- Share Your Mac's Screen With Another Mac Using Third-Party Apps
- Video on 4 Ways on How You Can Share Your Mac's Screen With Another Mac
You can share your Mac's screen fast by using Finder.
To share your screen using Finder, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Finder window on the other Mac.
2. Then, in the sidebar, under "Locations", locate "Network" and click on it.
3. Double-click on your Mac.
4. In the top right corner, click on "Share Screen".
5. Wait for the Mac to connect to your Mac. If asked, enter your Mac's credentials or check to ask for permission.
A window with a shared screen will appear.
To stop screen sharing, click on the red "X" button at the screen sharing window's top-left corner. Or click on the sharing icon, located at the menu bar's right corner, and select "Disconnect".
The Messages app also has a screen sharing feature. It's fast and easy to set up.
To share your screen using the Messages app, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Messages app from Launchpad, Finder, or Spotlight.
2. Open a conversation or create one with the person you want to share your screen with.
3. Then, in the top right corner of the conversation, click on the information button.
4. You'll see an option "Share". Click on it and choose "Invite to Share My Screen".
5. Wait for the screen sharing session to begin.
If you're sharing your screen, you'll see sharing icon appear at the menu bar's left corner. Click on it and choose if you want to allow the other person to control your screen. You can also pause screen sharing, mute the microphone, or end screen sharing.
You can share Your Mac's screen with the screen sharing feature that's integrated into the operating system. To start screen sharing, you first need to set it up.
To set up screen sharing on your Mac, follow the steps below:
1. In the menu bar, click on the Apple logo to access the Apple menu.
2. Then, go to "System Preferences".
3. Click on "Sharing".
4. Check the box next to "Screen Sharing". If you're using "Remote Management", disable it as Screen Sharing and Remote Management can't work together at the same time.
5. Next to "Allow access for", choose who has access to share your screen. Select "All users" if you want all users on your network to share your screen. Select "Only these users" to give access only to added users.
6. If you choose "Only these users", click on the "+" button to add users you want to share the screen with.
7. Then, click on "Computer Settings".
8. Check the box next to "Anyone may request permission to control screen", so other users don't have to enter a username and password.
After you've set up screen sharing on both Macs, you can start sharing your screen.
To share your screen using the screen sharing feature, follow the steps below:
1. Access the Apple menu on your Mac.
2. Go to "System Preferences".
3. Click on "Sharing".
4. Below "Screen Sharing: On", you'll see your Mac's address. the format should look like "vnc://(address)/".
5. Then, on the other Mac, click on "Go" in the menu bar.
6. Then, click on "Connect to server".
7. In the Address bar, enter your Mac's address and click on "Connect".
8. If asked, enter your Mac's username and password. Or request screen sharing permission.
When the screen sharing session begins, you'll see a notification at the top right corner of your screen that your Mac is being observed.
To stop screen sharing, click on the red "X" button at the screen sharing window's top-left corner.
You can also use third-party apps to share your screen. There are plenty in the market to choose from. You can pick a free or paid app depending on your preferences and needs.
We hope this article was helpful!
Check out the video below for a step-by-step tutorial on how to use each method to share your Mac's screen.
Video on 4 Ways on How You Can Share Your Mac's Screen With Another Mac